Thursday, October 20, 2011

well, hello there!

For many reasons, I've recently decided to set some goals for myself.

1.  Adopt & Train a Dog 
I have had dogs all my life, but I've never adopted one.  This is something I've been wanting to do for a long time, so I decided to take the plunge recently and do it!  I adopted a (roughly) 2 year old Pitt Bull Terrier/Boston Terrier mix (I think - there's no way to be sure unless I buy one of those doggy DNA tests, which is not quite in the budget right now)  from my local animal shelter.

what a ham!

2.  Run My 2nd Half Marathon 
Last January, I ran the Walt Disney World Half Marathon, which was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life.  Between the training and the accomplishment of finishing the race, I felt great about myself!  Unfortunately, life happened and running fell to the wayside.  In come big life events - I recently got engaged to the love of my life (who fully supported me adopting a rescue pitt bull from a city shelter... what a catch!) - between the engagement and the new, high-energy pup, I decided it was time for Half Marathon #2.  

super nerdy & slightly embarrassing finisher picture :)

3.  Start a Blog
I wanted to set a non-work, non-school, non-fitness goal for myself - in comes blogging!  This blog will serve as my third big goal for this year.  Through this blog, I will chronicle my adventures training my dog and training myself.  Between her training and mine, Pepper and I will be working together a lot this year!

1 comment:

  1. I'm officially training with you for your half #2, and my half #1! Can't wait to read more about your training!

    ReplyDelete